StepZen has an offical integration with Vercel. This integration allows you to connect StepZen account to Vercel and connect endpoints to your Vercel project(s).
This integration will allow you to store your StepZen endpoint credentials to Vercel. You can create a new GraphQL API endpoint using StepZen and connect it to a Vercel project, or link existing GraphQL endpoints that you've created with StepZen.
Set up the integration
To set up the integration, you need to have a Vercel account and a StepZen account. If you don't have a Vercel account, you can sign up for free. If you don't have a StepZen account, you can sign up for free.
To set up the integration, follow these steps:
- Go to the StepZen integration page on Vercel.
- Click Add integration.
- Select the Vercel account you want to connect to StepZen. Click Continue.
- Select the Vercel projects you want StepZen to have access to. Click Continue.
- You will be redirected to StepZen, where you need to login (or signup to create a StepZen account if you do not have one).
- After you login or signup, you will see an overview of the Vercel projects you selected. On this screen you can select which StepZen endpoints you want to connect to the Vercel projects, or you can select to create a new endpoint. This new endpoint will also be added to your StepZen account.
- Click Finish setup.
StepZen will now store the credentials for the endpoints you selected in Vercel. You can now use the following environment variables in your Vercel project(s):
STEPZEN_ACCOUNT: Your unique StepZen account username
STEPZEN_API_KEY: The API Key for your StepZen account
STEPZEN_ENDPOINT: The StepZen GraphQL API endpoint
Any new endpoint you create from this integration page, will have an endpoint name that looks like the following:
Configure the integration after setup
After you set up the integration, you can configure it by going to the Vercel dashboard, where you can find the StepZen integration.
To configure the integration, follow these steps:
- Find the StepZen integration in the list of integrations.
- Click Configure.
- You will see an overview of the Vercel projects you gave StepZen permission to. On this screen you can select which StepZen endpoints you want to connect to the Vercel projects, or you can select to create a new endpoint.
- Click Save connections.
StepZen will now store the credentials for the endpoints you selected in Vercel, and update any existing connections.