↑ View all videos
REST versus GraphQL
Choosing between GraphQL and REST for your applications? In this video, Viktor compares GraphQL vs REST in a number of dimensions to help you decide what's right for your application. And a short demo of an application built using GraphQL to showcase how it can make the experience better for end users.
- single HTTP endpoints in GraphQL versus multiple HTTP endpoints in REST
- one network call per query in GraphQL versus one network call per entity in REST
- client-defined response content in GraphQL versus server-defined response content in REST
- no built-in access control in GraphQL versus access control on the HTTP level in REST
- typed-schemas required in GraphQL versus schemas-optional in REST
- support for real-time data in GraphQL
StepZen is free for developers
Create An Account
Sign up for your free account and start building.